Wednesday, May 25, 2016

You better be working very hard...

(Part of the Letters to My Little Girl series)

Dear Shanaya,

Last week, much to my shock (and Daddy’s), you announced:
 “I only like shopping and partying”.
At 2.5yrs, we were expecting things like “playing”, “dancing”, “drawing” or even “watching cartoons” to be your favourites. But no…not yours.
We can already tell that you’ll keep us on the edge of our seats, as we watch you grow up. And boy, how we are looking forward to that!
But just one thing…
Both shopping and partying require money. So we hope you can follow your dreams, work very hard, and make some money to fund your leisure activities. 
Daddy and I will be saving for your college and maybe some travel…but shopping and partying will have to be self-funded, my dear.

Love,
Mummy


No comments: